My new home

Cabagan Travel Blog

Cabagan

I am now in Cabagan, a city to the south of Tuguegarao. I am at the university campus and I am really in the countryside now. Cabagan is basically a road with loads and loads of little shops. Those shops are confusing to me. It takes time to know where you need to go and what is available in town.

At night I heard all sorts of weird sounds and I am not sure if they were man-or animal made (and it was no videoke!). I stepped outside in the dark to switch on the light on the porch and in front of my feet were toads the size of my feet! I looked at the house and there were lizards on the walls and insects everywhere! I quickly jumped back inside.

ricefields!
The next day I was told that there are cows walking around my house and there are lizards in the attic. Lizards are no problem, least of all mosquito-munching geckos. Geckos are your friends.

In the Philippines, if you want to get around, take a tricycle. This is a motorbike with a seat next to it and a little house built over it. Although there are only two seats, up to 5 people can be stacked in or on a tricycle and people are ready to set a new record. Out there, I realized I was in a totally different world. Asian cows (water buffalo's I mean), ricefields, mountains on the horizon. All so alien to me, so awesome.

Here are some more photographs of Cabagan and its surroundings. Cabagan has a reasonably sized supermarket and a quite large outdoor market where you can buy everything from electronics and clothing to sweet and juicy mango's (depending on the season). I tell you I have never enjoyed a mango like this before!

One fun thing is the illegal movie market :-D. I have just bought a classic series gold medal movie collection 40 in 1 of schwarzenegger movies! yeah! It is just a carbon front with pictures of famous movie stars, sometimes combined to form covers of movies that don't even exist! And inside there is a disc packed with movies that you can just slide in your computer.

tashgorgeous says:
you know what, i'm having a good time reading your blog ;)but i'd have to disagree about geckos being your friends lol
Posted on: May 16, 2009
jaeWALK says:
did you get to eat pancit cabagan?
Posted on: May 12, 2009
blurbmoi says:
yeah our mangoes are one of the best!:-)
Posted on: Feb 08, 2009