Our Destination

New Orleans Travel Blog

When we landed in New Orleans, it was late.  Luckily all of our checked luggage popped through at the carousel.  I am always just a little nervous when my bags are not with me, and this trip we had some of our racing gear in the bags.

Janie had arranged transportation for us so once we had all bags accounted for, we found the driver.  We filled up the van, piled into the seats, and set off for the Holiday Inn.

I kept glancing around as we headed into the city.  We drove past the Super Dome which was glowing with its nighttime lighting.  Our hotel was not far from the Super Dome.  The driver pulled into a covered unloading area outside the main lobby and we headed in.

Janie got our room checked in, Charlotte and Sparky took care of the other two sets.  My group of five would be up on one of the top floors while our other two rooms were somewhere around level 10 or 12.  Tired from the day of working and traveling, we said good-night and loaded into the elevators.

It didn't take us long to put our stuff down in the room, Janie and Neal on one bed, Megan and me on the one closest to the sliding doors to the balcony, and Tommy on a cot that squished between the bed and the doors.  Sleeptime came fairly soon :)