The Group Convenes

Akron Travel Blog

I know it's not the best shot but here's a view looking back on the plane out of Akron

After teaching a full day and finalizing my sub plans, I drove to my parents' to meet up with my sister.  We carpooled over to Janie's where she had soup and other food for us.  Megan's boyfriend Tommy also joined us here.  We loaded the suitcases into the back of Janie's orange Jeep. locked the house doors, and set off for the Canton-Akron airport.  It was an easy drive; Neal dropped us at the entrance to the airport with the luggage and then went to park.  We headed in to check the suitcases.  Megan, Tommy, and I were sharing one bag and then carrying on bags.  Janie and Neal checked their bags.

Security was not a problem.  It's been a long time since I got beeped by metal detectors and I intend to keep that trend going.

I love sunsets from the sky

Akron-Canton is a small airport.  It was a short walk to our gate and another reunion.  The other half of our running group (minus Chad who wouldn't be flying in until tomorrow anyway) included Kimberleigh, her mom Charlotte, Chrissy, and two supporters Sparky and Dave (Chad's parents).  Megan passed out the rest of her cookies at this point: delicacies shaped like Mardi Gras masks and frosted in purple and green patterns.

We filled most of the waiting area close to the door.  When the time to board arrived, we walked out onto the tarmac and up a sets of stairs into the plane.  It was small with two seats on one side of the aisle and a single seat on the other side.  With a lot of us lined up on the single side one behind the other, we had conversation bouncing all over before the plane was readying for take off.  Our energy attracted the attention of other passengers, and we received several well-wishes for our upcoming race by the time the plane touched down.

I know its not the best shot but …
I know it's not the best shot but…
photo by: diisha392