Strasbourg Sightseeing

Strasbourg Travel Blog

We got up relatively early but had a pretty stressful morning.  Before we had left Brett's house, the wattage converter we had exploded when Lynn was trying to blow dry her hair so we needed to buy something somewhere which was probably going to be difficult.  Brett got up early and went wandering...he found a place across the way that was like a mall and they had an electronics store, which amazingly had a pretty hefty price.  He brought it back and I was almost done getting ready when *poof*  it died too.  We figured out that curling irons were the death of these things it appeared.

I told Brett we needed to try and return or exchange it since he just bought it.  We all headed over there and decided to eat first as I was starving and needed some food.

Most places didn't start serving food until an hour or so later but we found a bakery place inside the mall and just decided to do that as it would be fast and easy.

As we were ordering, Lynn realized she didn't have her purse.  She was worried she left it on the bridge when we were taking pictures.  We hurridly ate and Lynn, James, and Julie went back retracing their steps while Brett and I returned the adapter.  After an eternity in the store, we finally got done and he got his refund.  I ended up buying a straightening iron that was on the European plug so we could avoid this going forward.  LOL.

We met up with the gang in the town center and fortunately, Lynn had left her purse in the trunk of Brett's car versus anywhere on the street.  WHEW!!!

We did a quick tour of Strasbourg - the church, a few stores, and then stopped at the tourist office in search of information ont he Alsace region so we could go wine tasting a bit before getting on the road to Luxembourg.

photo by: Sweetski