Koln Cathedral

Cologne Travel Blog

We finally arrived in Cologne!  I was excited to see the Koln Cathedral - another UNESCO site! The cathedral is one of the largest in the world and the largest Gothic church in Northern Europe.

As we were exiting the parking lot and walking toward the cathedral, I think it was the coldest I had ever been in my life. OMG! We got inside the cathedral and were looking around when all of a sudden I moved and hit something incredibly hard with my knee.  After my knee giving out, I looked down to find the hard object I ran into was James' head! LOL.  Brett helped me and managed to pop my knee back into place but I was still in some considerable pain.

I hobbled through the cathedral as quickly as I could and we met up with the gang outside who had gone scarf shopping.  We then decided it was time to try the Kolsch beer which is special to Cologne versus the Alt beer which is Dusseldorf's speciality.  We stopped in a cute little restaurant near the cathedral and enjoyed a beer before getting on the road to France!

vulindlela says:
Sweet photos!
I did not get to go inside. I wish I had now.
Posted on: Feb 19, 2009