Prague, 4 February

Prague Travel Blog

Still so much to see and so little time. Today I want to visit the Loreto,  Prague Castle+ St. Vitrus Cathedral and the Jewish Cemetery. All this and my flight is at 15:00h so again no sleeping late. By now I'd walked to the city center so often I took a bus this time. The Loreta is a copy of the Basilica della Casa Santa  in Loreto, Italy. I don't know if my travels will ever take me there so better see it now that I have the chance. The Santa Casa was built to convertthe Czech to catolicism again, that didn't work for me.

The castle and the cathedral were more to my liking. The place was huge! I didn't have enough time to see most of it, I'll have to come back someday.

The Old Jewish Cemetery was impressive in a different way; They're not sure about the number of people buried here,the estimateis that there are approximately 12,000 graves. It's a very small cemetery, but so many people could be buried here because sometimes there are many layers of graves, several metres high.

I walked back to the hotel via the other side of the river so I could see the "Fred and Ginger" building. The building is very modern and it seems kinda out of place between all the historical building surrounding it.  That was the last I got to see from Prague, but there's some hope I'll come back one day: The feasibility study I came to do here was quite succesful:-)

Prague