Prague 3 February

Prague Travel Blog

Weekend at last. I've gotten curious about how Prague looks by daytime. No sleeping late om my Saturday morning, Petr had offered to show me around the zoo and the botanical garden where he lived nearby: I had to be at the zoo at 09:30h, which meant I had to take the tram at 08:30h.

I made it in time and Petr walked  me around the zoo. You could still see that the zoo suffered from the worst flooding in Prague in its history in 2002. Most parts were recovered though. We also went to the botanical gardens. Very nice, but the funniest part was in a "normal" garden we saw when we were walking to the entrance: A couple of old shoes with plants in them. Bota means shoe in Czech:-)

In the afternoon I was on my own. Yuval had left the day before and I suppose Petr was fed up with being my personal guide.  I went to the old town again, only this time I could see everything by daylight.

I had never been in a foreign city on my own and the idea of stepping into a restaurant and having diner by myself never seemed that appealing. But here I was and I don't want to go hide in my hotel room everytime I find myself alone in an unknown place, so I went to a mexican restaurant Petr had tried to take us to twice but was full both times.  Being on my own made it a lot easier to find a place and I had my first table for one diner. It may sound silly to most of you, but to me that felt like a small victory over myself.

eefab says:
I had to eat by myself a dozen times after this and now
I can say: you can get used to it. Having company is still better, but don't stay in your hotel room !!!
Posted on: Jan 29, 2008
Isabetlog says:
Hi Eef, just to let you know, you're not alone - I myself do not like to dine out alone by myself. I usually buy food and eat at the hotel too. But hey, I'm happy for you for for being able to overcome that. So shall i :)
Posted on: Jan 27, 2008
portia says:
congratulations on your "small" victory. Maybe next time you will find some travbuddy before you go?
Posted on: Jan 26, 2008