Parting is such sweet sorrow

Redwood City Travel Blog

Saying goodbye is the most difficult thing to do!

We spent the night at the Sofitel, Redwood City, around 15 minutes south of the airport, right near Oracle's headquarters.

A very nice hotel, and a great way to use up the last of my Sofitel vouchers.

In the morning, we woke up very early...but still felt rushed to get to the airport in time for the one hour check-in requirement on international flights.  We made it to the airport, parked in the international departures area, and walked in.  Even before we found a spot it struck me!  ACH!  I'm flying first to Newark and from there to Amsterdam!  I'm on a domestic flight!

Walked into the international area...and nothing!  No Continental...nothing open that may be able to help with Continental check-in.  Only chance was to hope we could walk to the domestic departures area in time.  I figured there'd be no shot...and actually...at this point I was kind of hoping that would be the case as well...but it turned out that it was close than I tought it would be, and I managed to get checked in in time for my flight :-(

We had some time for good byes before I had to head out through security, bringing the most wonderful weekend of my life to a tearful, heart-wrenching end!  As I write this, I am still heart-broken that we are apart, but through the modern technologies of Skype and sites such as TravBuddy and Facebook, we are able to keep in touch enough to keep our bond strong.  We'll be together in late February again, and I count the days anxiously!

Thank you Erin, for such an amazing weekend!

poohstanggt says:
I am so incredibly happy that the blogs of us parting ways is going to end soon. I can't wait for March, April, and most especially July!!!! We belong together and I am so happy this is all happening. Love you honey!
Posted on: Mar 08, 2009
poohstanggt says:
I am rereading this sitting in Portland waiting for my flight to Amsterdam! It's hard to believe it's been only a month - seems like forever. So much has happened since the day you left and something tells me, lots more adventures and stories after this week!! Love you!
Posted on: Feb 20, 2009
stone31 says:
Such a nice story....I am having the same tipe of relationship with a Travbuddy...me here in Germany and he in the USA...Be strong!!!! You will see eachother soon!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Posted on: Feb 01, 2009
Saying goodbye is the most difficu…
Saying goodbye is the most diffic…
Redwood City