Why not!

Eindhoven Travel Blog

What can I say...I miss her!

It hasn't even been two weeks yet, and already I miss Erin.  The twenty-five days we spent together in December/January were incredible!  We've been talking on Skype, email, TB, etc. since then, but it's not the same!  My calendar is looking pretty empty for Friday and Monday...hmmm.

It's Wednesday night and I'm on Skype with Erin right now, asking what her plans are for the weekend?  I think she may have a mediation or something on Friday, but I hope not.  Monday is Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday so a holiday in CA...hopeful!  She's free Friday as well!  What would she think to some company?  Ok...need new ear drums now.

Checking the online options.  Low-mile award tickets are available into Sacramento...but ugh, long connection times in Portland or Seattle...and rather expensive taxes.  What about San Francisco she asks?  She can pick me up and drop me off there.  WOW.  Direct flight available from Amsterdam, and taxes are only 1/3 those for Sacramento.  Looking at schedules...prices...hm...should be able to fly business on the direct flight into SFO, and coach back...let's see if I can do it.

ERROR!  ERROR!  ERROR!  No matter what I try, I cannot get the tickets to book.  On the phone I go to "Special Member Services"...ah, the joy of being a Platinum Medallion! :-) I'm still playing online and while the agent is telling me there are no available seats, coach or business, on the direct flight into SFO...I get the web site to give me a confirmation number for the flight!  Weird!  But still cannot be booked by me online.  I give the number to the agent I'm talking to, she pulls it up and lo and behold...there it is, both flights I wanted, coach both ways, but cest la vie!  Will save the extra miles for another trip...60k miles later and I'm booked.

Honey, see you Friday!

Erin has been listening via skype the whole time, all the ups and downs of trying to get it booked, but now we're both happy, and off I go to bed, since I have to work one more day before flying on Friday!

klaartje1968 says:
Oooooh, I love these kind of stories! :)))
Posted on: Aug 09, 2009
poohstanggt says:
Looking at this again....amazing how much life has changed, even since this trip. I miss you and I love you so much....can't wait for two weeks until you are back here with me.
Posted on: Mar 08, 2009
poohstanggt says:
My heart was in my throat that you weren't going to get the flight and be able to come! So happy you are smarter than the Customer Service Reps Mr. Platinum Medallion! :D
Posted on: Feb 01, 2009