Shi Hua Dong Cave

Beijing Travel Blog

We go there by ourselves on weekday, only a few tourists there. Entrance tickets is Y70 per person and that include a guide to bring us in. It is ok for me with a Mandarin speaking guide.... but she speak so fast that I cannot digest all, maybe about 30% only. Never mind about that, anyway, I enjoy the tour. The million years formation of lava and limestone are beautiful, inside the cave, temperature are consistency throughout the year, cooling and moist. A 7 layered cave, 4 layers are open to tourists, with built-in stairs for tourists, some of the stairs are steep and slippery, so be careful. Going down is not a problem, but gets tough for me when walking back up, I had a few rest after some climb. It is truly a pleasant explore in the cave and it takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours going around. Not difficult to go there on your own, you may take a tour bus at west-north corner of Tian'an Men Square station from 6.30am to 8am, for Y145 including entrance fees, 2-way. But the tour bus operate between 17 April until 15 October. If you go before 17 April or after 15 October, you can still take public bus 917, which is time consumed. Asked the bus driver to dropped you at Shi hua Dong, you need to cross over to the opposite road direction, there will be some private car waiting on roadside, negotiate for Y10-15 to take you there. Not advisable to walk to the cave because it is still quite a distance.