Monte Carlo & Ballys

Las Vegas Travel Blog

The early morning view from the 30th Floor of the Monte Carlo - room 30-105. We later went on the rollercoaster, Manhatten Express.
This time to Vegas I stayed at first the Monte Carlo then moved to Ballys.

Monte Carlo's standard rooms are nice on the 30th floor with a great view of the rollercoaster at New York New York.  My brother had a suite down the hall that overlooked the strip.  His room was gorgeous!  Very contemporary with a suede sofa, 42" plasma tv, 2 king beds, 2 bathrooms and a bar.

Ballys rooms were in need of updating, but in decent repair, but not that clean.  I upgraded to a suite with a view of the strip. It was hugely spacious and had 1 king bed, a sunken tub (which was not a jaccuzi), 2 sinks, a separate room for the toilet and another room for the bidet.  Housekeeping took every shortcut in the book for this hotel so I probably wouldn't stay here again.  However, I would come back for the great Italian restaurant where we ate, we had a great time and enjoyed the food a great deal.

dothoin says:
Hmmmm ....methinks you may have a point there ...great wings there though
sweetsummerdaiz says:
Padraig, I'm sure that is a guy thing! I'm pretty sure I would find almost any other hotel more enjoyable than Hooters :o)

dothoin says:
Give me the Hooters hotel any day :-)
Posted on: Jan 06, 2010
The early morning view from the 30…
The early morning view from the 3…
Statues outside Monte Carlo
Statues outside Monte Carlo
Las Vegas Hotels & Accommodations review
On the Strip, Nicely Appointed, Great Views
I stayed here in April. The room(s) were comped so it was a terrific value for me :o) We were put on the 30th floor; 1 regular room and 1 suite. … read entire review
Las Vegas