Oh Sagrada Familia

Barcelona Travel Blog

To know Barcelona you must know Gaudi. He was one brilliant man and his influence is all over Barcelona. The main point is La Sagrada Familia. It is amusing almost. It looks so ancient, so gothic, but it is surrounded by the modern world. Every time I have been to see it it has been surrounded by cranes and people ferevently working on it. The spires reach up towards the heavens and around every corner is some new detail. You can go inside while the work is ongoing. There is an interesting room that shows where and how Gaudi got his vision from. I.e. spiral shells, trees. Once you see what he was thinking it makes his vision so much clearer.

Another Guadi fave that we hit up was Casa Mila. We first stopped for Tapas (mmmm potatos brava). The line for Casa Mila was super short and we walked straight in. A short elevator ride to the top and we were out on the rooftop looking out at the skyline once more. We could see La Sagada Familia in near distance. There is the one building that had us giggling like little teenage boys (we swear it looks like penis). Descending in to he lower room you can see models and pictures of Gaudi's projects. Its all horribly informative and interesting. However the back was profusly swearing at me by now so I kept finding places to sit down.

Barcelona