Looking Back

Paris Travel Blog

It was recently brought to my attention that I never finished this travel blog. I feel a bit sheepish. Its now 4 years later and I've been on a bunch more trips. I'll have to go back to my memory to see what all happened on this trip.

We spend the days looking around Paris. I go to the Louvre for the second time. I try to show Grace the Mona Lisa and the Venus di Milo but she is unimpressed. She likes art that is downlow and not so touristy. I however take ample time to soak in the second viewing of each dynamic piece of art.

We walk down Champ Elysee and as luck would have it they have Christmas Market booths. We find ourselves wandering into pastry stores wherein I proceed to make my first complete transaction in French (though truth be told I did answer 'yes' first in Spanish, then English and finally in French).

We walk around the Arc di Triumph and marvel at its majesty. It looks so big and imposing and yet when you stand underneath it, it doesn't seem that large. The atmosphere though, has always made me feel small. Its a unique experience for me but I do like to see it.

We go to Moulin Rouge and check it out. We find a naughty store and spend some time shopping. Then we head off to the Sacre Coeur. Its nighttime and we take the lft to the top. We marvel at the lights of the city. We take an obligatory picture sitting under the Sacre Coeur and then take off walking around. We find some cute little souveneur shops and I purchase a winderful print that I brought home and framed.

Paris