Day 2

Madrid Travel Blog

3rd July 08

We eventually got into Madrid at 00.30am. Pretty annoying really, but as soon as we got our luggage we decided to head over to Lauro and Alex who had been waiting for us at the airport for years!

We flew into terminal 4, and the guys were waiting at terminal 1, so we took the bus over to them.

Seeing Lauro and Alex after so long felt so good! Hannah had never met either of the two so she was pretty excited! After a bit of catching up we gave Lauro his present which was a can of Heinz Baked Beans which he loves! We could only get him one can, because we couldn’t be bothered to carry a pack of 4! Sorry Lauro!

As it was past midnight, we were weighing up our options, and in the end decided there was no point going into the city as we had to get on the metro as soon as it opened to get a bus to La Coruna.

We ended up going back to terminal 4 and camping outside the airport waiting for the metro to open. It was a good chance to catch up with each other and/or get to know  each other. We sat on the floor for a good couple of hours listening to various ipods on Alex’s speakers, while taking the piss out of each other, which is what usually happens when Alex is around. Lol.

Eventually it started getting chilly and we started getting hungry, so we went inside to carry on bonding while getting some breakfast.

At half 6 the metro opened, so after clearing up our mess and brushing our teeth in the bathrooms, we were off!

I felt like a real backpacker then! Lugging our stuff through the barriers and sitting on the train floor, while all the Spaniard commuters looked at us disgustedly. We were all having a laugh on the metro when suddenly this scary Spanish women starts shouting at us in Spanish. We didn’t know what the hell she was saying, I’m assuming it was because we were sat on the floor, but we all got really scared because we thought she was going to eat us (She was pretty big). I think Alex was the most scared! Haha!

Once we got off the metro we went to the bus station to buy our bus tickets. We didn’t really know what we were doing so Hannah, Alex and I pretty much stood on the side while Lori and Lauro sorted out the tickets. We ended up paying 57 euros for the bus which I though was pretty ridiculous! But then when we boarded the bus, it was well worth it! We were on an Alsa Supra bus, which was a Mercedes, and had these amazing comfy seats with so much leg room, not that I needed much! Plus there was a radio thing on the seat so you could listen to music and they had DVDs playing. The DVDs were in Spanish, but every now and again there was a good 80s tune on the radio. Plus we had unlimited refreshments on the bus, which the boys took advantage of, and we got a complimentary DVD at the end of the trip. Awesome.

hannah-lou says:
Youve completely missed out the rest of the day... meeting Pablo? Swim? the bar? The pool? The alcoholism...? Hahaha.
Posted on: Apr 25, 2009
hannah-lou says:
Such a loooonng day - but so awesome. Yes, Alex used me as a shield when that lady started barking at us!! Pansy!
Posted on: Apr 25, 2009