running again on changi airport

Singapore Travel Blog

the coastline of java

After we where leaving the Qantas plane,we had about six hours transfer time.First we checked the transfer desk to find out how late we had to check in and if there where seats available.The plane to Amsterdam was leaving at 22.50u and we had to be at the transfer desk at 21.50.She told us that the plane was overbooked with 10 passengers.Flying on standby on Saturday evening is not a real good idea.At home i bought a escape ticket from Singapore to Frankfurt and then to Amsterdam in case off. After walking around the terminal 1 and 2 and have a drink in the cactus garden it was time to go to the transfer desk.I told the staff behind the desk not to forget me again like a week before when we where going to Perth,and she confirmed that she was holding my tickets.

between java and sumatra

After waiting and waiting,in the mean time i informed the available seats on the Qantas flight to Frankfurt( overbooked 7 passengers),the staff person came to me and told me that the plane was full and that i had to try it a day later.We went to the Qantas desk and there she told me i was to late,the desk was closed.OK and now, we had to go to the Lufthansa desk,and that was in terminal 2,plane leaving in 50 minutes.Again we had to run for life to be on time.

We got on time at the desk,but the plane was also full,we had to wait for 20 minutes.Finally the staff person came to us and told us that we got the last two seats on the flight to Frankfurt.We where going home.During that flight( normally i can't sleep on a plane) we slept for about six hours, i think we where so tired of waiting and running that we finally slept on a plane.

overflying sumatra