Flying High

Germany Travel Blog

My good old Friend Eric has been a pilot for 2 years. He flyes different kinds od Smaller airplanes and is taken lessons for the bigger ones. On a beautiful day last year he phoned me up and ask if i would like to go flying with him. Ofcourse!!! was mine answer. We drove to Mönchengladbach Airport.

Mönchengladbach Airport, located in (or close to) Mönchengladbach has 1 runway, which is 3937 feet (1200 metres) long. The geographic coordinates of this airport are 51 degrees, 13 minutes, 49 seconds north (51.230356) and 6 degrees, 30 minutes, 16 seconds east (6.504494). Mönchengladbach Airport is 125 feet (38 m) above sea level.

After some breafing and flight preparation we took of from runway 13 and flew east towards Dusseldorf, we flew at 3.000 feet altitude. The weather was great, clear sky and a 10 mile view. After we arrived at 3000 Eric handed the steering of the plane over to me, YES i was flying. It's exciting to do and really different from driving a car. But once you get the hang of it it is not that difficult. I took the controls for 45 minutes before i gave it back to Eric. Great experience!!! After 1 hour we did a touch and go on another airfield, i forgot the name of it. After 2 hours of flying we flew back to EDLN (Mönchengladbach Airport). We taxied back to our parkingspot and stopped the engine. ANOTHER GREAT DAY OF FLYING!!!! Hope to fly more often with Eric in the future.

Travelbuddys says:
Ja best wel!!
Posted on: Mar 14, 2009
gimpel says:
Is erg verslavend,vind je niet?
Posted on: Mar 14, 2009
Fuelling
Fuelling
Ready for take off
Ready for take off
Are we in the good direction??
Are we in the good direction??
What a view!!