my last day in London-friendly companion

London Travel Blog

Still not feeling 100% well.  Kinda regretted buying the musical for tonight because it meant sleeping late and waking up early for the ride to London Stansted to catch a flight to Shanoon, Ireland.

Anyhow, was thinking about taking it easy even though I did not see a whole lot in London.  Somehow did not get into London, I think it is too big for my taste and not being  physically well did not help either.  Anyhow, I was just going to go to the library to do more research but this another new roommate who just arrived( I don't know how they let her in so early) wanted to see if she can tag me along.  So after the library, we took a  river cruise on Thames River to go up to Greenwhich Villege.  This was exactly what I needed, to see some green.  This was something a friend of mine told me to do if I were to stay in London for a week or so.  Glad I took her advice.  There we hiked a little to visit National Maritime Museum, Royal Observatory, Prime Meridian-Greenwhich Mean Time, and The Queen's House.  This was so refreshing from hustle bustle of London. After that, we hurried to catch our boat to Waterloo to get onto London Eye, but upon arrival, we decided to shoot for the famous Harrod's Department store first since it would be closing soon, didn't purchse anything, nothing caught my attention seriously,  but got to eat a free sample of their buttered cookie or something.  I thought the store would be  extraordinary, but let's just say I seen better.  No time for London Eye.  Went straight for dinner at a Korean restrauant near looked like China town- one of the bettermeals I have eaten while in London.  My friend decided to see another musical of her preference so we parted our ways after dinner.  Once again, it was very difficult to find the theater of my showing.  Made it in the nick of time... the show, Mama Mia was fanastic, absolutely loved it.  But got out in the middle because I was getting way too tired and had an early flight to catch.

When I got back to the hotel, my Italian roommate was there;gave me her number and the name of the museum where she is a curator.  That way, according to her, I don't have to pay the entrance fee to the museum.  How nice of her!

London