Not a nightmare seatmate, a rather wonderful one!

London Travel Blog

I am going home after 28 days, left Frankfurt, connecting in SFO via London, then to my small local airport.

Okay, I wan't successful  in buying any gifts in Frankfurt, so hopefully I would have better luck at Heathrow.  Who was I kidding?  I was rather  surprised at the availability of merchandise at one of the busiest airport in the world.   There was really nothing decent to buy.  We r totally done with shirts, mugs, baseful caps.... And I hate buying unnecessary items for the sake of buying since I am a very practical person.  Just got few key chains-the receipients of these items r going to be diaspointed.  Anyhow, one of these, I am going to turn into a magnet, which I collect , the only thing I collect on my travels.  Not only that, there really wasn't anything caught my attention on this trip, believe it or not.

Anyhow, I was seated with a very nice"reserved"-that's how she described herself as an English, girl from London.  We talked the storm through out the entire flight except when we were eating and sleeping, so this long flight didn't  seem dreadful as  it was long.  We exchanged many personal stories we wouldn't necessarily tell others and decided to follow up on the outcomes of these "adventures".  So the trip ended on a positive note, at least for me, unlike how it began with a "hellish" seatmate.   Well, she was just beginning her trip in the USA and  wished  her the most fabulous time.

I am  more than glad I made this trip after all these years of desiring to go, solo too.  Not only have I  rediscovered myself , but the perspectives I have gained remains to be priceless.  Of course, this jumpstarted my love of photography and traveling and truly claim my username, gypsy.  I always considered myself as a gypsy because I prefer to move around-traveling to different new destination each time.

Life is good when it involves traveling!

free08 says:
Yes, one of many things during this trip!
Posted on: Dec 09, 2012
nolan says:
This seems like one of the most fulfilling parts of your trip!
Posted on: Dec 05, 2012