Another day in London-British Museum and Sound of Music

London Travel Blog

What is wrong with me?  Can't seem to recover..

Found out there is a public library around the corner where I can use the internet for free.  So after an awesome, filling breakfast, went over to do more research- finally booked Ryaniar to fly over to Ireland and hostel.  Erased Edinburgh from the itinerary.  What a relief!!!!!!

British Museum was grand-felt like seen those things before somewhere else-NY's finest Metropolitan Museum of Art, Chicago's, and elsewhere.  But what caught my eyes was the English school kids  dressed in  their various uniforms representing different schools, on their field trips.  They were really cute,  I have seen this in magazines and books but never in real life, so took some photos of them.    After that, took a walk toward Leicester square, stopping at a few book stores- love spending time in book stores, ate at a Korean restraunt-not too good at all,  some clothing shops, National Portrait Gallery, and finally arrived at the square for my show.

Oh boy, just couldn't find the theater I was suppose to go.  It is a maze there, who knows how many times I asked for a direction. Finally,  very nice English gentleman walked me over-maybe "desperation" was written all over my face. lol.......  It was a good thing I went over to the square with a plenty of time to "get lost". The Sound of Music  was very cute.  "Marie" looked so much like Julie Andrew in the movie-the resemblance was astonishing.  Got back to the hostel safely when noted as in the "seedy" area as in the location of the hostel in some website.  There met a beautiful, tall, dark Italian girl from Milan as a roommate... finally some friendly roommate......

photo by: ulysses