The Lady in Purple Shoes

Jakarta Travel Blog

I now have decided to accept a freelance job with an expat. I do very similarly what I did back in the Philippines. I train/teach Conversational English and Business writing at top corporations with a mix of corporate people to students.

It has allowed me more contact with friends in the city, and a more dynamic teaching lifestyle with both the audience and material.

I declined the offer of a nice Christian school in a posh area for this.

I have also been blessed with a cheap room for rent at my last host's grandmother's house located in a posh and highly accessible area in the city. Close to all forms of transport, tons of hangout and tourist spots, and best of all, has a handful of nice man-made parks and highly secure and nice pedestrian paths, ideal for jogging around.

The job is good for a 1 month trial period after which my expat boss has been adamant to get me full time, which means being loaded with other projects for a 5 day workweek. I adore him, he has been a comical-down to earth-transparent father figure to me.

I have yet to master my orientation of where I live and the length of time it takes me to get to work related places.

I only have a pair of decent shoes for work: 1.5 inch purple pumps courtesy of Manga Dua Mall. This gets me around the city for work in the meantime. I miss my tons of wardrobe and accessories from back home. Living the simple life.

photo by: cicie