Death as a Life Lesson

Jakarta Travel Blog

Paying tribute to the late Pastor Ramon
I've learned about a great life lesson for the past 3 days that again I had not experienced: Death.
I had not had anyone remotely close to me pass away, to ever feel the pain of losing someone, until now.

With our great Filipino pastor/one of my pseudo fathers here in Indonesia, Pastor Ramon, leaving us so suddenly at a prime age, at seemingly the peak of his life.

I together with everyone who had faithfully joined the funeral services and burial were reminded of the cliche: Life is Short.

The 3 days were spent mainly crying for a man who devoted his life greatly to doing God's work, who had so much compassion, and was willing to do God's beckoning at all costs, anywhere and anytime.

I was crying for a man who displayed non stop energy and creativity in finding means and ways to reach to people, including myself.

A pastor who visited me together with his wife at a time that I was bed ridden for the first time in my life after exiting from the hospital, a pastor who brought me medicine close to midnight because my need was urgent, someone who was willing to mediate between me and a challenging person throughout a highly strenuous period, and in his last few hours still took time to call me and ask how I was doing.

Truly his presence had been monumental in my eight months here in Jakarta.

I cried tons for a family who experienced the unconditional love of a father and husband, one that I had failed to have for the most part of my life. And I cried because I felt so much empathy seeing such a strong family stand in the midst of one of, if not the toughest period in their lives.

So this is Death.

Through him we have all been inspired to carry on the torch of ministering to more and more lost souls. To not discount anyone in our way, or any method to show Christlike behaviour and to be ready at anytime to do God's bidding, for at the end we all want to be just like Paul ' I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith'

Thank you Pastor Ramon. We remain challenged by your legacy.
yheleen says:
He will be remembered and God had embraced him and thanked him for glorifying Him thru his works...

I love that song - Lead Me Lord ;)
Posted on: Dec 21, 2009
Paying tribute to the late Pastor …
Paying tribute to the late Pastor…
photo by: cicie