Tested patience!!!

Manila Travel Blog

It was hard deciding to push through with my trip as scheduled. Just two days hence, I have to fly back home ( to my beloved province that is) to Iloilo for an emergency.

I woke up 5:36 AM with end in mind to be at the Philtranco bus pickup point at SM Megamall (the fifth largest in the world). With everything packed, I hurried leaving but what a disaster!!! I can't recall where I placed my extra peso bills. I needed that for my terminal fee and travellers' tax. I don't have time to pass by an ATM machine. I must catch up that bus or else I'm doomed.

Off I go. I took a taxi and had a photo-finish run to the bus! I was there just in time..7:01 AM. Bus was leaving when I got off the taxi as it leaves 7AM.

The travel to Clark (that's Diosdado Macapagal International Airport ) was fast as there was no usual traffic...less than an hour and a half is FAST! It was a breeze. We arrived at the DMIA 8:25and were made to queue outside the arrival area. The main gate doesn't open until 9:00. By 9:01 gates opened. Again the queue! We were made to wait yet again...apparently, Air Asia personnel starts checking in at 9:30. That's more than an hour of waiting already!...just at DMIA!

Upon checking in, we were told that the flight has been moved to 2:00PM. Goodness, 2:00 PM?!!! After all the rush?!!! But this would give me c chance to munch on something as I never had breakfast. I would be content with the exhorbitantly priced not so tasty (yes, merely edible) concessionaires cooking.

DARN!!! It skipped my mind that I left my Peso bills at home. I have to pay my taxes yet. Now I have to reconvert my dollar to peso. Jut the other day, I bought my greenbucks at Php49.65 now am selling it at 48.80!! LOSSER!!!

The plane arrived at 2:00PM. Yes, arrived, not depart as we were told. Upon embarking, the captain announced that we will be again delayed as some mechanical problem is being attended to. At 3:05 we took off.

We landed at Kuala Lumpur Low Cost Carrier Terminal at around 6:40 in the evening. Since I am seated at the second row in front, and without check-in luggage, I was the first to breeze through the Malaysian immigration.  I rushed to the skybus ticket booth and made my way to the terminal only to be told that it is full and that I have to wait for the next bus. I waited (yes, so far it's been an adventure of waiting) another 30 minutes for the bus to arrive. I know travel would take an hour and I'm getting worried I might find a hard time finding for a place to stay. I have decided early on that I'll book all my accommodations only upon arrival.  While waiting, I noticed that people all around are just puffing cigarette as if there's no tomorrow. Not that I have something against it but at times, my lungs can't seem to tolerate too much smoke.

Fast-forward to arrival at KL Sentral, I must find my way to Bukit Bintang, as I planned to stay in the area. I took a monorail to Bukit Bintang and walked for an hour and a half trying to find a guesthouse to settle. I freshen up and went out to find something to eat. It's only now I feel the pang in my tummy. I'm starving. I find myself walking to where everyone else seems headed to. I find myself in a whole street-long stall of hawkers and settled in one which serves really fantastic food.

Maybe I was so hungry that I paid RM70. That's for a dinner on a street! That's more than a buffet at DAD's, just a little less than a buffet at CIRCLES.  Enough for a budget travel for tonight. I took one last stroll at the Bintang Walk before heading back to the guesthouse.

geoland says:
At this time i could no longer recall what i had for dinner that night...and yes maybe it was Jalan Alor. All i can recall is i had ordered three dishes, drinks plus rice [
since we Filipinos are rice eaters :-)]
Posted on: Jan 24, 2009
StupidGuy says:
I assume U had dinner at the stalls in Jalan Alor. Out of curiousity, what did u had that cost u RM 70? That is quite a lot for a street food.
Posted on: Jan 21, 2009