Bargara Travel Blog

This morning I couldn't sleep so I decided since I was in a crappy mood to take a walk to the beach and perhaps see the sun rise of the Pacific Ocean! It was still dark when I left with my camera but just starting to get light. By the time I arrived at the beach, which is only a 10 minute walk, the sky had started to change and become light. So now all I had to do was take a few pictures and enjoy what was happening before my eyes.

I had never actually seen this beach at high tide, usually it was low tide and that meant a lot of rocks. At high tide all these became submerged, so it just gave me a different view of the beach also. And today for once I really tried to appreciate the sunrise and capture what I was seeing. Of course I had seen sunrises before, but this felt different because I was taking the pics of what I really saw?

I also had a visitor while on the beach. A man was walking his dog, who had a particular liking for chasing sticks (the dog that is not the man) and in particular into the ocean. The dog was very friendly and promptly came to say G’day to me and was nice enough to share a shake of his coat with me, thanks!

ahaduca says: