Back Home!

Bargara Travel Blog

Mum's House
Well, it's not by choice that I ended up coming back to Australia, but that's another story. This one is about what I found when I got here. First the heat... YEAH HEAT! In this part of Australia it is warm and sunny most of the time. I flew to Australia with Singapore Airlines which was great, the food was great, the service great everything was great...except how long it was... 12 hours from Amsterdam to Singapore, 4 hours waiting in Singapore and then another 8 hours flying to Brisbane. The entertainment was good though, I watched soooo many movies and all on demand with a pause button! Shame dessert wasn't like that I missed it on the last leg of the trip as I fell asleep... my empty food tray in front of me and all!!!

The first thing I noticed when i got back to Australia was the heat.
The beach looking south
.. even though it was 8pm at night, it was warm... shorts and T-Shirt weather! I instantly felt at home for some reason, it felt good. That night I slept at my Aunt and Uncle's house near Brisbane before driving up to Bargara the next day. Now I just had to remember my way to Bargara, but after seeing some familiar sights I was fine. Then I arrived... seeing the beach as I drove over the last hill was amazing...

The next day I managed to walk the 5 minutes to the beach for a walk... such hard work at 7am in the morning when the temperature is already climbing to 30 degrees. But it was worth the effort. The beach I went to is too dangerous for swimming, lot's of hidden rocks under the water and a rip that is very dangerous so I just took off my things (flip flops) and walked in the water.
The beach looking north
Ahhh it was almost as good as... LOL!

Now the next day I was too tired from all the walking to get back to the beach, so I just had to make do with having a swim in the Pool in the back yard. The only drawback was that the water was warm, but although I wasn't refreshed it was still quite enjoyable.

The next evening we had a huge thunder storm, lot's of lightening and plenty of rain... I had missed these thunder storms, I hadn't seen one like it for over 3 years since leaving Australia. The hard rain on the tin roof of the pergola just topped off the perfect feeling I once again got about being home. Most of the good feelings about being here are just feelings of home... it's always good to return home and notice the familiar things that you missed so much. Which brings me to the next thing about missing things.
More of the beach looking north
.. oh the food... it's glorious and although I haven't had the chance to go to my favourite restaurant yet (Sizzler - an all you can eat, steak seafood and salad bar) I did manage to cook myself a nice big juicy rump steak... YUMMY! I can't wait to enjoy all the other treats I've missed!

Now I know this all sounds great and yes I am feeling happy to be home... there is a sad tinge to this story. I am here without my two beautiful daughters, but I do know that they are being well looked after in the Netherlands by their Mum. I miss them terribly and wish I was with them... and hopefully soon I'll be back seeing them! In the mean time... video chat has been great to see them!

And anyone coming over this way please feel free to visit!!!
ice4swervin says:
LOL at the doing it wrong, maybe it's just not enough!!! LOL

And YES I love Sizzler... all you can eat!!! Who wouldn't love that! And each to their own Elke... LOL!!!
Posted on: Mar 17, 2009
Sunflower300 says:
"I just took off my things (flip flops)..." did you mean thongs?
I think you must be doing something wrong if you think it was almost as good as... LOL
NOTHING beats a good old thunderstorm; I miss them too, living here in Tassie. I had to laugh the other day when one of my friends said something about the storm on Saturday night, I was thinking, I don't remember a storm, but then I remembered where I was. Their idea of a storm is a bit of rain and heavy wind. LOL Anytime we have lightning it makes it in the paper, we are lucky if it's once a year.

OMG!!! Sizzler is your favourite restaurant?!?! You need to get out more. LOL
Posted on: Mar 17, 2009
Lord_Mike says:
Congrats on your feature!!!
Posted on: Mar 01, 2009
Mums House
Mum's House
More of the beach looking north
The ocean... oh and some rocks... …
The ocean... oh and some rocks...…
Over the rocks looking south
THE POOL!!!
Mum and Penny the dog!
Mum and Penny the dog!
Bargara Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great Tavern near the beach!
I have been to this Tavern a few times now and I highly recommend it. This air conditioned venue provides a relaxed atmosphere and great priced delici… read entire review
Bargara