Kai, Maya, and Phi-phi Islands... and the BIG night afterwards...

Patong Travel Blog

Chalong Port

I booked this trip when I booked my Coral Island tour. This is a whole-day trip to Maya, Kai, and Phi-phi Island. The service van will pick me up at 7:45 in the morning. With only an hour of sleep, I went to the breakfast area to have my very early breakfast meal in prep for my tour. I haven’t even finished with my food when the van arrived so I hurriedly went back to my room and grab my things. Good thing I wasn’t that drunk last night so I was feeling a bit OK. In the van, I met Gina (the Mexican-American working in Germany) who became my travel companion for the day.

As I mentioned, we visited Maya, Kai, and Phi-phi Island. All of them are simply breathtaking but we love to stay in Maya a bit longer because of the fine white beach sand. But since the islands are far from the port area, we spent too much time in the speedboat. Nonetheless, it was still a surreal experience.

speedboats

I invited Gina to chill out that night but she rejected me. LOL. Nah, actually she doesn’t like party-scene and doesn’t like too much crowd so I didn’t force her. Anyway, we promised to keep in touch though. ;)

We finished the tour at almost 7pm already. I went to my room and took a quick nap in preparation for the NYE! woohooo.  I woke up at 9pm and went outside at 10pm. Heaps of heaps of people already celebrating the NYE. A lot of people were already drunk in the streets haha. It was a crazy and wild atmosphere. J

I met Mark and his friends in one of the bars before the countdown. It was nice meeting you bro again. Then before the anticipated fireworks, we parted ways. I went to the beach area to see the fireworks. Again, it was already jam-packed with tourists of course. I joined everyone in counting down and welcoming 2009 with a blast. After the firework display, I went back to one of the bars and chilled-out with friends I met the previous nights. Then I met Rob, the Aussie guy who’s also a solo traveller. Everyone was still up ‘til late in the morning. Dancing, drinking, chitchatting, partying in the streets. Worn-out and sleepy, I went home past 6am already. :P

darkinvader143 says:
yeah yeah that's my plan... it would be fun and wild for sure hehehehe. Let's see ;)
pensacolapyro says:
You hitting the FMP for New Years? I would love to, but will have to wait and save up my money..lol
darkinvader143 says:
hahahha im thinking of going back sometime on January... right after the FMP in Koh Phangan... wanna join? :D
bird nest