First night in crazy Phuket... drunk! :P

Phuket Travel Blog

Phuket Airport

I arrived in Phuket airport on time. One thing I didn’t research in the internet is how I could get a cheaper taxi that will bring me to my hotel. I initially plan to go out of the airport and try to haggle with the taxi drivers but I was a bit nervy and decided to just get a coupon from the taxi station inside the airport. It costs me 550 Baht which I think not bad considering the travel time is around 45 minute to reach Patong beach. But then later I found out there was a van service outside the airport that only costs 150 Baht!

Phuket somehow reminds me of Bacolod, Pampanga, or Bulacan in Philippines where you can see tall green trees, mountains, and small houses along the road side.

Airport 2
Only the moment I stepped out of the airport I realized that I was indeed in vacation. And that was amazing; the beautiful surroundings greeting everyone with a smile. The weather was perfect as the sky was clear and the temperature was perfectly humid and hot.

After almost an hour of travel, I finally arrived in my hotel named Baan Pron Phateep. I just booked this place in the internet. I was a bit sceptical at first because they didn’t ask for any initial payment or whatsoever. After I confirmed my booking via email they just sent me a form to fill-up which already serves as the confirmation. I went straight to the receptionist and asked for my room. Apparently, someone is using the room B06 which was initially booked under my name. But they gave me room B04 but will only be available around 12nn. I arrived 9am so I still have 3 hours to wait.

road going to Patong

With nothing else to do yet, I immediately checked the beach area! I wasn’t surprised but I was overwhelmed with the massive of tourists swimming or having their sun-bathing.  I roamed the place and checked where Carla’s hotel is. She’s one of my TB friend who will be in Phuket too so we decided to meet on our 1st day. She’ll be arriving from Bangkok in the afternoon but we haven’t decided where and when to meet. After I checked the vicinity, I told her to just meet at Jungle Ceylon mall which is one of the main malls here.

I came back to my hotel and checked on my room. It’s clean and neat with complete amenities.

road in Phuket
The place is quiet despite it’s located near the busiest road in town. It is just 5-10 minute walk to the beach area and 5-10 minute walk to Bang-la Road as well, which is the party district as most of us know. Downside, it is quite expensive. But because its peak season that’s why, but still, it’s pretty pricey for budget conscious people like me. My room is located on the ground floor with own veranda. The place is actually like a compound and have nice tree in the middle. Then there’s a mini store inside, internet cafe, and laundry area. So you basically have everything that you may be needing.

After my quick shower, with no itinerary for the rest of the afternoon, I ran back to the beach and had my first taste of Patong beach hehe. I rented a beach chair for 100 Baht and bought fresh fruits and fresh fruit juice on the side.

As I mentioned to Carla, though I already have relatively dark skin because I am Asian, I am not bother to get even more darker. So like everyone else’s doing, I sun-bathe and swim the whole afternoon. I fell asleep in the beach and it was really a relaxing moment for me! I was indeed on a vacation.

After nearly 4 hours in the beach, I went back to my place to prepare for my meet-up with Carla at 6pm. I asked her to go to JungCeylon not only its near her place, it’s also one of the famous malls in Patong. She was like an hour late but it’s ok as I was strolling around the mall while waiting for her. We had our dinner at one of the Italian restaurants there. Just in time, it started to rain. After our dinner, we walked around the place to see how busy Patong area at night. Since we were both tired from walking, we decided to go back to our place and just meet at night for party.

As I told myself, I won’t drink alcohol ‘til NYE, but I failed to do so. On the first night, I went to Banana club and had a few beers. Coincidentally, Mark came with his friends. Good to see you there bro! Funny because the moment I arrived on my place, I told Mark that I was like in the home for the aged! All of them were on their 60’s or 70’s. As in ALL hehe. No offense-meant but truly, I was the only one a bit young there. Not that I was complaining, it was just a weird feeling. But on the other hand, Mark mentioned that his place was the other way around! It was like a kiddie hotel! funny Hehehe. Anyway, going back to the party, I texted Carla to follow us but she didn’t come. Mark and his friends didn’t stay there for long as they transferred to other bars. I stayed a little while before I transferred to another bar as well.

I partied the whole night ‘til almost 4am. Drunk but managed to go back to my place in one piece :P I’ve met many travellers (non-TBers) and had drinks with them, danced with them and with local people as well. It was a nice night to start with.

Patong! wohooo