Preparation Day (Lost my passport.. almost)

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

messy room 1

I’ve been such a lazy ass for the past few days. Since my holiday vacation kicked-off, all I did was nothing. That’s how I spent my holidays before of course my REAL holiday break starting tomorrow. The only day I was pre-occupied was Dec 25 where I went out with friends celebrated Christmas by getting around KL city and pretend to be like a tourist for once. Other than that, I’ve been a couch potato the whole time... and a TB-addict to mention that hehe.

Last night, I went out to have a dinner and few drinks with Mark ‘til this morning. He’s my 1st TB friend and 3rd TB friend I’ve met so far, and we’ve been talking about our upcoming Phuket trip for months now (since I joined TB to be exact).

messy room 2
So since he’s here in KL, we decided to meet. We had our dinner somewhere in Pavilion and had few drinks in two pubs. I had a great time hanging out with him. He’s such a cool guy. But this blog ain’t for him so I won’t mention anything more about him bwahaha. Just check his profile if you wanna know him LOL. Peace bro! But truly, he’s awesome! I had a blast! Oh by the way Mark, her name is JM (the pretty lady bar)... and she used to live in Quezon City, Manila but now in KL for 3 yrs.  *wink *wink

I woke up around 10am and just slacked on my room. I didn’t start packing ‘til after lunch. I prepared all the shirts, shorts, pants, undies, toiletries, etc. that I’ll be bringing in my trip. My plan is to go to beach, town tour, or island hopping in the morning and party at night, so better have many clothes in hand.

messy room 3

I have my printed online ticket, hotel accommodation booking form, and Thai Baht in my wallet. But little did I realize that I still don’t have one of the most important documents, I DON’T HAVE MY PASSPORT yet! Waaah I think I misplaced it! How’s that?! I searched all over my tiny room but I can’t find it anywhere. I was starting to get tense but remain calm. After searching for an hour or two, I decided to go to the office hoping that I probably left it there. Luckily, no one is in the office especially my boss because he thought I was already out of the country since 26th. And I don’t know how to explain why I am still in KL at this moment of time.  I rummaged all my papers in the drawers but I can’t find it there.

ready to go! woohoo
This time around, I was already freaking out. I was all sweating, my face, my hands, my body, even my underarms hehe.  This ain’t good! frustrations and anger starting to pour my mind. I really want to cry but I can’t. I still have to do another search on my room. I have no patience to go to the metro so I tried to hire a cab in front of my office. As they say, if it rains it pours. In my case, bad luck is pouring me! All cab drivers want me to pay them more than 12RM which is more than twice the normal fair if they use the meter! One even asked for 20RM! Ass-hole! So with no choice left, I ran like a bullet to the nearest metro station. Lucky I have already stored ticket with me so I don’t need to fall in line in the counter because I can’t stand the long queue. I hurriedly ran and wait for the train to come. A minute becomes 5 mins, 5 becomes 10, and 10 becomes 15 mins of waiting! Geez, bad luck oh bad luck! They said there was a technical problem somewhere before my station so they told us to wait for a while.
;)
Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale this is what I was doing for couple of minutes ‘til the train arrived. You have no idea how fucking mad I was. I arrived at my room and searched again. I rambled all my things all over making sure that I checked each and every corner of my room. I don’t care for the mess, what’s important to me that time is to find my f*cking passport. Then suddenly, after another hour of searching, I found my old pouch/small bag hidden on the right-most corner of my bed. And voila! My passport is inside the bag! I FOUND IT! FINALLY!

I felt relieved, so much relieved. I screamed (just al little bit ok? lol) with elation. Because just having the idea of not making to Phuket due to that stupid fault is so upsetting. With all the anticipations, preparations, excitements, and planning will all be set to none is so frustrating. I don’t think I can bear the humiliation in front of my friends haha. And  actually, Mark and I were just talking about missing the flight last night. How he will laugh and tease me if that happens! And it almost happened! At the same time, it was hilarious ‘coz I’ve been planning this for a month now and didn’t even think of ensuring that all important documents are prepared.

Now I have to disregard those bad and dreadful thoughts. I already have my passports and everything is all prepared. I’m ready to go! No one / nothing can stop me. Not unless I miss my flight tomorrow (touch wood).

Ok I have to go and meet Mark for the second time before we head to Phuket tomorrow. We’ll have to go out for a dinner and few drinks again. And I will tell him this funny stupid story.  I know he’ll make laugh at me!

ErnaButterfly says:
hmm, wonder what happened it Phuket ;)
Posted on: Jul 19, 2009
pensacolapyro says:
Ha, I just got back too from Phuket. :) I loved it.
Posted on: Jul 14, 2009
mermantom says:
ok so i really do know how you felt, minus going to work to find it, i just had different areas of my house to look.
so at least now i can say i know how you felt lol!!
Posted on: May 24, 2009