Overnight stop in El Paso enroute to New Mexico

El Paso Travel Blog

This was my first trip to El Paso even though I have lived next door for almost 7 years now. I read and watched on the news, all that El Paso is and can be, nothing peeked my curiosity about it. However on a recent trip to the Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico, we made an overnight stop to break the monotony of the road trip. It was getting dark, both Mark and I agreed we would not drive in the night. We stopped off the highway and checked into a Motel 5 (Check out my review on Motel 6 El Paso)

El Paso ranks sixth among Texas’ major cities. With a population of more than half a million it is ranked number 22 city in the United States. Located on the Rio Bravo del Norte,  also known as the Rio Grande, the city boarders Juarez and Chihuahua, both of Mexico. It is also home to Fort Bliss Military Base and the University of Texas at El Paso. Since we did not have time to tour the city, I do not have much to write about it in terms of what one can do while in El Paso.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain.

El Paso