Arrival in San Antonio

Texas Travel Blog

This was Desire's bed

After 16 hours of driving and stopping, we finally arrived in San Antonia at a little after 8:30 pm. We had reserved accommodation at the Fairfield Marriott Hotel  . . . We were all exhausted, Mark more than us as he did all the driving. He would not let me help; I did not mind as my spine was giving me hell and my uterus aching as though I still had a baby jumping around inside of me. The coffee and teas had long worn out of my system. Desire and Alexander had had their share of small naps and looked more awake and active. All I wanted at this point was to get to the hotel and have a hot bath.

But as my luck turned out, the hotel reservation was not what Mark thought he had reserved. We had instead of a suite, a standard double room with two queen beds. The front office was not inclined to help because the night manager was not available. To say I was upset is to understate it; I had no where for my 12 year old to sleep seeing as the addition of Alexander to the family now meant we needed more beds to sleep in. I improvised by putting 6 pillows down and a blanket over them to create a bed for Desire. The front office said they would take a look in the morning. I was too tired to go looking for another hotel, otherwise I would have left.

I did not have a bath afterall, the shower did just fine, and Alexander went to sleep as soon as I lay down, which made for a good night's sleep for both of us.

This was Desires bed