Transit through Dallas Fort Worth Airport, Texas.

Dallas Travel Blog

Me waiting for my flight to Milwaukee

I had a tough time waking up at 4:00 am as my chest had been hurting most of the day before. I had a left over migraine headache that left my neck feeling numb. Nonetheless, I was up as soon as my alarm clock began to buzz. I made a strong cup of tea, and then one more before I felt the blood in my body warm up. I jumped into the shower and left the water run over me for a long while before soaping myself and cleaning up one final time. I toweled me dry and applied a generous amount of cream instead of lotion. My cream has a mix of petroleum jelly which helps lock in the heat in your body. I felt warm. I dressed warm too as it was a cool Tucson morning and the air outside was brisk.

I left my apartment at exactly 6:00 am with the help of a friend who offered to drop me at Tucson International Airport.

My boarding gate B13
I do not use the Tucson Airport as much as I should, reason being the airfare is normally a hundred dollars more or so. I normally travel through Phoenix because the price is reasonable and the route less stressful. But since I had a ticket already bought for me, I had no choice but to follow the itinerary. The ticket was reasonably priced since it was an advance purchase by a friend.

The itinerary was taking me everywhere cold in order to get me to my final destination, another cold place.  The flight carrier American Airlines out of Tucson took off on time at exactly 8:10 am Mountain Time. Our pilot announced they were glad to have us on board and told us our flight time to Dallas Fort Worth would be an hour and a half, the temperature in Dallas was 42 degrees Fahrenheit.

I was glad to be traveling through Dallas because I have never used this airport, my previous travels were through Houston. I must say I was amazed at how huge this airport is, it took us almost 10 minutes just to taxi and get to the gate and once inside the terminal I had to take the sky link from terminal C to terminal B where my connecting flight to Milwaukee was scheduled to leave from Gate B13. The Sky link reminded me of Atlanta airport where transfer from one concourse to another is by train service.

I must admit, the terminal building is absolutely beautiful and clean: having traveled through Philadelphia recently I cannot begin to compare the two. If Philadelphia is considered one of the best airports, then I do not know what to say about Dallas Fort worth.

Bird's eye view of Fort Worth airport as we took off
When one travels it is of utmost importance for them to be able to find their way around especially in such large airports like Dallas Fort worth, the signage and display screens were visible from a distance and the flow of people traffic from one terminal to another seemed eased and orderly. There were no makeshift lines directing people to check-in counters. Some of my most frustrating moments in airports are those times when everyone has to line up to go through security check points and, they have to keep making these turns through the makeshift lines only to get through the security check points and there are only two people screening hundreds of people. There were two other screening stations not operational in Philadelphia and 3 or 4 other security guys standing and asking people to have their boarding passes and ID in their hands.

I was impressed with the efficiency and professional set-up of Dallas airport. The only disappointing thing was the luck of free Wi-Fi access: with more than an hour to kill, it would be nice to get online and not have to pay $15 for access to Wi-Fi. To get a connection one has to go through T-Mobile and buy a 24 hour access for $5.00 which would expire exactly 24 hours after purchase. I also noticed there were not electrical outlets for public use (at-least not in the area from where the skyline dropped me to my gate), not that it would have been helpful since I did not wish to spend $5.00 on a WiFi connection that I would only use for 40 minutes. My flight to General Mitchell left at exactly 12:10 pm Central Time.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain.

Africancrab says:
Thank you all for the congratulations, much appreciated
Posted on: Mar 10, 2013
tjwood says:
Congrats on being featured, sorry to see that you did not to pass thru Terminal D. The newest terminal with some great areas and restaurants.
Posted on: Mar 03, 2013
RJ82 says:
congrats harriet!
Posted on: Mar 03, 2013
Me waiting for my flight to Milwau…
Me waiting for my flight to Milwa…
My boarding gate B13
Birds eye view of Fort Worth airp…
Bird's eye view of Fort Worth air…
Our small plane aile