ready, set, go...

Chicago Travel Blog

I really tried to finish up my packing on Wednesday night, however, I found myself scrambling on Thursday morning as I sorted through clothing choices, narrowing down for the final picks, putting everything in piles, in small bags, ready to be thrown into my pack when the time came to leave. Perhaps I gave myself a little bit more time considering the fact that I knew my day began later than normal with parent-teacher conferences starting at 12PM. :) I also knew that my last conference to translate started at 5:15, which gave me an hour to get things together and leave before heading off to Chicago for my 3:15 AM flight! I threw things into my pack, said a prayer hoping that I had everything I needed and took off on my journey to Chi-town.

Arriving at the airport, I discovered that there were other crazies like myself, who had heard of the great deal in flying with Mexicana in the wee hours of the morning. I arrived at 1:00 AM, and there was already a lineup of 50+ people, which was surprising considering the hour and the fact that when I originally found the time, thought it was a joke. :)

Here I was at the airport amidst the spring breakers carrying my backpack with great dreams for the journey ahead! :)

If you are ever looking for a great airline, FLY MEXICANA! I've flown with many airlines, and so far, this is my favorite!

raularanda2001 says:
Mexicana can be great when it wants to. Mexicana and AeroMexico have like 20 flights departing from Chicago to Guadalajara, Monterrey and Mexico City amoing other cities in Mexico. But AeroMexico is way cheaper in some occasions than Mexicana and better service. Try AeroMexico if it is cheaper than Mexicana next time you're departing from Chicago. It really is great tip even though every person has a different point of view of what is "great customer service" and
"cheap airfares"! Cool blog though.
Posted on: May 22, 2007