Luck o the Irish and ST PADDY's DAY celebrations!!

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

You may be thinking to yourself... St. Paddy's in BA? How many people actually celebrate it?? 50,000 people turned up for the parade in BA! I arrived back at the hostel to find my Irish friends ready to hit the true Guiness downtown at The Kilkenny (Irish Bar), which, if you are ever in BA during St. Paddy's, it is a must! The earlier you go, the better, for there were no lines upon arrival, and they let us in for free! It's a great mix of old and young where the older Irish travel groups told tales of the Ireland of old. The slogan for Kilkenny's is: The Only Ginness Original Irish Pub in Latin America...Enjoy the best fun, where the perfect pint lives. So, if you are looking for the perfect pint, this MAY be the place to go.

. I'll leave that up to you to decide:)

Face painting in all forms is one of the draws of this pub! A mascara, a clover, one eye, Irish designs... everything goes here! I met some fabulous Irish, some great Europeans, Australians, Asians.. and unfortunately, some pretty arrogant US rugby wannabees who thought it was fun to grab women's butts... and some pretty forward Argentinians who used their typical "air kiss" to get a little more. Luckily, we saw right through them:)

Those of you who like HOUSE music would have loved the next club we went to... Pacha! The infamous ROGER SANCHEZ played at Pacha. I, of course, had no clue as to who this man was, but by the end of the night, fell in love with his DJing skills. It was 50 pesos to see him perform in this amazing venue! There are several floors, filled with blue lights and camels.

.. the trick is to look at the light, close your eyes, and look again to see the camel:) There were some slight go-go dancers on the edges of the dance floor, which provided some extra entertainment for the night as did the drug dealers that I noticed on the side dealing away their wares. Perhaps the security was blind to their operations??? :) Phenomenal music and dancing and running away from the persistent Argentinian men... luckily we had some guys with us who scared them off:) When the last note played, the shades came down, and we all realized that the sun had risen, and it was daylight! The clubs in Argentina go until 7:30-9:30 AM, which means that people are just getting home around the same time as people back home are going to work! 10:30AM became my new bedtime!:)

jeffy says:
Pacha remains one of the best clubs that I've ever been to anywhere! Glad to see that you had just as good of a time there. Like you said, phenomenal.
Posted on: Apr 16, 2007