Boracay

Boracay Travel Blog

I’m now at the airport close to Boracay, waiting for my flight to Cebu and Palawan. One week ago I met Cesar, a Filipino friend from Oslo, at the airport in Manila. He has been with his family in Manila, and we decided to spend some days together in Boracay while we were both in the country. Last time I went to Boracay there was a big typhoon hovering over the island 3 days before we arrive. The stay last time was not pleasant and I had almost discarded Boracay for future travels. But I decided to give it one more chance when I planned my trip.

The weather was a bit unstable but I signed up for the PADI diving course from Monday to Thursday, so I was not really into lying in the sun this time. The course went fine, but it was a little hard to read a full book full of details in just 3 afternoons. All the practical stuff went really well much thanks to the 2 dives I had last year at Palawan. So my instructor was really impressed. The practical part at sea went like a breeze and we could use most of our time exploring fish, corals instead of doing repetitive exercises. I got a temporary license now which I can use at Palawan. The final license will arrive Oslo in 4-5 weeks. It’s easy to make new friends while diving and I met both a Norwegian guy and some people from England, Sweden and USA. Most of them dive like 2 dives every day for 5-7 days. There are many good sites around Boracay and I had a really good experience down there at the deep. Boracay showed itself from the best side this time and I will definitely go there again! It was my 4th time, and probably the best one.

But now I’m heading for Palawan. Palawan is an island much cleaner and quieter than most other places in the Philippines.  I was there last July and I will stay 2 days at the same resort as last time – Coco Loco Island. Simple accommodation, white beaches and good diving opportunities. I will meet a female friend of mine, Yeng, which I met on my last trip to Bohol. She has never travelled outside Bohol/Cebu before and I promised to take her for one week vacation if I returned to the Philippines. So I kept my promise, and now she is on her way from Bohol to Cebu. Then we take the plane together to Palawan. She has an aunt there as well, so she will cook for us tonight and also join us for 2 days at Coco Loco Island. After that we probably go to the north of Palawan and take a plane from there to Manila. I don’t like Manila much, so 2-3 days is the maximum stay there. Well, time to board the plane! Ciao!

rheagirl says: