One Last Stop on the Drive Home

Berkeley Travel Blog

One of my favorite places I visited in California before moving up here was the Berkeley waterfront.  There is a great restaurant called Skates on the Bay I had eaten at before which offers incredible views of San Francisco when the sky is clear.  It was still early and I stopped to take a couple pictures along the parking lot areas.  There is a long seawall boardwalk and I thought about walking out but since it was early am and I was alone, I thought perhaps that would not be the smartest idea since no one knew where I was. LOL.  It was amazing how beautiful it was from three years ago when I was there at the same time of year and it was overcast and cloudy - I did not realize what a clear view to the Golden Gate Bridge you had from Berkeley.

Guess it was time for me to head on back to Sacto as I had a long day of work to catch up on even though it was a paid holiday for me.  *sigh*

What a wonderful time I had this weekend showing Brett some of my favorite places and getting him to understand a little of the reason I love living in California so much.   You may not be able to drive 20 minutes and be in a different country, but the beauty of Northern California is pretty much unsurpassed as far as I am concerned! :-)

photo by: mahoney