Impulsive Brett....

Sacramento Travel Blog

As usual, Brett and I were having our evening chat on Skype and we began discussing the crappy weather back in the NL and I couldn't help but gloat that our weather here has been amazing and even record high temperatures.  San Francisco has been in the high 70's which is very unusual, even during the summertime!  Sacramento had been in the high 60's - flip flop weather! Whoo hoo!  Well, Brett asked me what my weekend looked like and if I had any appearances on Friday or Monday.  Monday was a holiday for me (MLK's Bday) and Friday was free.  I was about to sign up to work at the winery on Saturday but hadn't hit send on the message yet.  Well, Brett decided to give in to his impulsive side and booked a ticket to come out for the weekend.  I was so excited!  He would arrive Friday afternoon and leave early Monday morning.  He was flying in and out of San Francisco so now the scrambling began to find where we would go, what I wanted to show many things, so many places.  I knew I couldn't do it all in one weekend so I decided to just focus on one area and found an incredible deal on a B&B in Napa so I asked him how he felt about limiting his stay to wine country and he was fine with it.  He had no idea about the B&B though! :D  I was very excited to surprise him with this gorgeous room - fireplace and big jacuzzi tub too! OMG!  I even ordered strawberries and chocolate merlot sauce to be delivered to the room ahead of time!  SWEET!  This was the best surprise....hard to believe it had only been 2 weeks since I got home from visiting him in Europe - seemed like an eternity so this was going to be awesome!
jennjeff1 says:
You don't go to Napa, you take a nap-a!
~Jeff (and Jenny)
Posted on: Jan 26, 2009
pms70 says:
Very romantic, I must admit I'm feeling just a tad jealous... Very happy for you guys though!
Posted on: Jan 26, 2009