Home

Lorain Travel Blog

Well, This isn't really a travel blog but more of just me talking about the place I live. Not a lot of people would brag about traveling to Lorain, Ohio but we do have a little bit. Lorain is the tenth largest city in Ohio. It's the city that gave the world Toni Morrison and Father Guido Sarducci. We've got U.S. Steel, which, in the 40s went to Puerto Rico to recruit workers, This is why there is such a large Latino community in Lorain (My Grandfather was among those recruited). This is just alittle of the cutural diversity we have here. Lorain is not a small town, we have people of all races and Religions. About 25% of the city is Catholic, but we also a large percentage of Protestants with a little here and there of Eastern Orthodox, Buddhists, Muslims, Wiccans and Mormans.
While there's not a whole lot to do in the city, there are a few good bars on Broadway and on 28th street. And with Elyria close by, there are more Bars and the Midway Mall to shop at. Speaking of things close by, Cleveland's not too far. If one were to come to Ohio, Lorain is a good place to stay because it's right in the middle of it all. About 45 minutes to the east you have Cleveland, Ohio. There's plenty to do there like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Great Lakes Science center, Cleveland Botanical Gardens, Cleveland Art Museum and More. About 45 minutes west we have Sandusky with Kalhari Resort (indoor waterpark) and Cedar Point, the Amusement park that currently holds the record for the most roller coasters (17!). To the southeast we have Canton with the Pro football Hall of Fame. Plus Oberlin College is a 20 minute drive and Ohio State University is 2 hours away.
OK, there you have it. All the nice things I can think of at the moment. If anyone wants to come here, they more than welcome to crash on my couch.

ariwardani says:
You should put pictures of Lorain here! :)
Posted on: Apr 29, 2009