Day 2

Brisbane Travel Blog

Brisbane city from Roma Street Parklands

Day 2 Sazzel Medazzel

Got up very early (around 7am) and played on the internet, put some photos on Facebook and watched Sunrise.

Dad was away at work so it was just Dave and I.

Caught the train into Central from Zillmere (a trip we had made hundreds of times before) and wandered through town. I wanted some Annette Sunglasses so I dragged Dave to every glasses store in Brisbane only to find they only had the ones I wanted in 2 colours! Went down Queen Street mall and stopped for lunch in a food court where Dave had pizza and I had a kebab.

Walked down to Roma Street Parklands (where I had never been) and got an ice cream and wandered around the gardens.

Took photos of the city and the colourful and unusual water features, sculptures, plants and flowers, saw a load of lizards basking on the paths in the sun.

Went through the station and upstairs to the bus terminal where we met Sarah, who is a friend from Newbury who has been travelling & working in Australia since November 2007. It was so great to see her and know she is having such a wonderful time in a country I absolutely love and chose as my home for a long time. Caught the train back to Zillmere and headed to the bottle shop to stock up on supplies, Sarah got a box of goon and we got some low-carbohydrate beers.

Went back to the house and started drinking, gave Sarah all the gifts we had bought over from the UK from her Mother and sister as well as some Twiglets from us. She really enjoyed them and gave her Mum a call.

Kymme, Richard and Dad came back with 8 pizzas!! Had dinner and chatted about Newbury, her travels, our travels and general drinking banter and showed Sarah our photos. Dave went to bed and Sarah and I watched Dirty Dancing.

Brisbane city from Roma Street Par…
Brisbane city from Roma Street Pa…
Sarah opening pressies from the UK