Nice Italian Restaurant by the Drive, South Beach, Miami

Miami Travel Blog

God, can't remember the name of the restaurant but it is right below a nice apartment-hotel.

A trip to be remembered. First time in Miami, i was asked by Equador Embassy to 'visit' the Miami Police Station to get a police clearance certificate. God damn, first time in Miami, and where was I? So after paying USD 10 and waited for 40 minutes, i was given a certificate where asked to check details and stumbled upon the race/religion blank space and it was written, I am white.

I am White.  I argued and was told by the African-american police lady that 'we have only black or white and I look black Sir and you look white'.....so that's how I have a certificate to show I am white.......super funny moment.

Then, nightmare came with sponsorship letter, faxed by my friend in Quito, bla bla bla, managed to arrive right on her birthday instead of 2 days earlier.

Good travel man.

boriana84 says:
The name of the hotel is Hotel Ocean, and the restaurants name is Hosteria Romana...my ex husband worked there as a front desk agent...actually...I think while you were there hehehe

As far as the Miami beach police.....its a joke....
Posted on: Jan 21, 2009