Alcatraz, Cable car and Fisherman Wharf

San Francisco Travel Blog

The Rock !
My second day was very busy. On the morning I went to the famous Alcatraz Island. The old prison on the island is so amazing, it's so special and unique to walk in the main row, named "Broadway", see the cells, and see the view of Sran Francisco from there.
From The Rock, the view on the city of SF and the bay is amazing. You can see the two bridge : Oakland Bay and Golden Gate, the hills, downtown, everything!

Well, I spent the morning here and then came back to my hostel to eat. After that, by the beginning of the afternoon, I took the (world) famous Cable car on Powell and Market St untill Fisherman Wharf. On the way, I saw (again) Union Square, went uphill (and then downhill) on Hyde Stree, saw (again) Lombard Street and then enjoy the view on the bay by going downhill on Hyde St to Fisherman Wharf. Riding a cable car it's a very exciting and unique thing that everybody should do in SF !

Finally I spent my time in Fisherman Wharf and on the Pier 39 and came back with the historic tramway line.

Alcatraz : http://california.figatellix.com/55-visites-post--san-francisco-jour-2-visite-a-alcatraz.php
Cable car and Fisherman Wharf : http://california.figatellix.com/56-visites-post--san-francisco-jour-2-cable-car-et-fisherman-wharf.php
Easy, isnt it?
Cable car
Cable car
Waiting line for the cable car
Waiting line for the cable car
Waiting line for the cable car (ag…
Waiting line for the cable car (a…
I got it !