and it's back to reality..

Los Angeles Travel Blog

As I've been up since midnight, west coast time, I crashed really hard when I hit the sack at 7pm. And how lovely it is to wake up from your adventure and find yourself featured on Travbuddy! =) Thanks everyone for the smiles. But right before I logged onto travbuddy I rolled around a bit in bed and my first semi-awake thought was.. "where are we going in France today?! I think the Loire valley is an excellent idea.." BOO, my brain thought I was still on vacation! =(

This vacation was so instrumental in helping me let go of Los Angeles. I've been clinging to this place - which is so funny considering how much I dislike it, a bit anxious about CAR, and absolutely frozen with the idea of having to move in the couple of weeks left before I leave. But Paris helped me realize - there is a lot more out there - and that stuff out there will actually be right for me instead of having to struggle with pieces that just don't fit, wondering what part of myself to amputate now in order to make it all work. So I need to take these huge changes in stride, particularly when I made these changes happen, particularly when I need these changes to happen very badly.

I have no idea what will happen after the next few months, but I can definitely see myself moving here, as a base to do future UN work in west Africa.. if I can just improve my French skills! And you are all welcome to visit, of course! =)
alicegourmet says:
Don't worry too much! You definitely will be fine! We will miss you...we all know it is a great life experience for you and wish you all the best! =)
Posted on: Jan 27, 2009