Your flight has now been cancelled

Paris Travel Blog

nothing like saying goodbye to Paris up close.
Irene had decided to buy a brand new flight out of CDG so that our whole group could leave together at around the same time. We all took the bus-shuttle to Charles De Gaule and dropped Irene off at her terminal. When we went to the departures board to check on our flight - Ragnar asked "Is your flight this cancelled one?!" I was STUNNED. How can they cancel a flight 2+ hours BEFORE it actually departed?! Why can't they just get a new plane with all that time?!?

We rushed over to the American Airlines counter and they provided no explanation but tried to get us rerouted. Since it was already afternoon, most flights had already left and our only option was to fly through JFK and then connect the next morning to Los Angeles. Tracy and I freaked out a little bit because we both had a lot to take care of on Monday. But I couldn't help being a little excited at stopping through NY for a little bit - before I realized my best friend was in India! Dammit! But I had a reverie about smoking hookahs, the lovely tapas bars we could go to, and getting some pretzels from street vendors!

We now had about 4 hours to kill and so we walked Ragnar to his terminal and he was kind enough to buy us lunch before his departure. Oh, how we would miss our friend!! Thank you Ragnar for coming all the way out to Paris to spend but a couple of days with us running around! I hope you had a nice time!!

alicegourmet says:
Ohhh bummer! I just hate those attitude from the airlines or the crews with no explanations about delay or cancelled flight. Glad that you guys had lunch together before taking the flight! =)
Posted on: Jan 27, 2009
poohstanggt says:
Oh boy...can't wait to see the entry on this as well as an explanation of that wheelchair pic on FB!!! OMG!!! And people say I have rotten luck - I think you and I have a lot in common!
Posted on: Jan 26, 2009
PrissyT says:
LOL! It made me laugh! I've missed a flight, but I've never had one cancelled! I think that is what I would have felt, too!
Posted on: Jan 26, 2009
nothing like saying goodbye to Par…
nothing like saying goodbye to Pa…
Paris