Lovely Rennes - sorry we can't stay for dinner!

Rennes Travel Blog

The timing of the bus back from Mont St. Michel to Rennes for our TGV put me at a bit of dis-ease. The connection was pretty close and so we chose to take the earlier bus back which ended up giving us a little over 3 hours in Rennes. We thought.. what are we going to do here?! Is there anything to really DO here?! ohhhhh boy were we in for a great time!

We started off in the very village-ey part of town. Not a lot going on, an abandoned church, a nice garden plot in front of something that looked like a school, a toy store, a wine shop, etc. We came upon this lovely bakery and it had a sign for the best macarons in Rennes. So in we went and we met the NICEST gal who spoke English and found out - she was from Mauritius!! We chatted for a long while as she had such a friendly spirit and was so lovely and we found out she was a huge traveler too! I think I will try and get her to join travbuddy! She invited us over for dinner and I invited her to stay with us at the villa! Does this sound like familiar Travbuddy material or what?! Hahah =) But we would get home SO late every night that I never got a chance to email her and then Ragnar arrived so it didn't really work out.
Tracy @ honey store!
I hope she emails me as I think I laundered the pants that I put the piece of paper with her email in.

Then we made a left and this huge boulevard of designer shops appeared in front of us - complete with a Galleries Lafayette! It was busy, bustling, fun and people were loitering around in droves. Then we made another left to head in the direction of the Gare and what would we find but a quaint village with these amazing buildings that leaned and curved every which way. Every shop was something specialty and we ended up stopping at a honey store. These honeys had varoius herbal infusions that I recognized to be remedies for various chronic ailments. Sure enough - the storekeeper explained which helped with fatigue while which helped with sleep, and which helped with general digestion.
Rennes

It was kind of cool there, if you try the different honeys, you will actually get a sense of what your body might be missing, intuitively. I bought 3 bottles and 2 bags of honey candies and before we knew it, we had to leave to catch the train! I wish we had a shop like this in the U.S. - very holistic and natural. The honey were generally from Spain, with a few being produced in France.
alicegourmet says:
I wish I could join you guys! I love honey! :)
Posted on: Jan 26, 2009
Rennes
Im checking out the toy store! =D
I'm checking out the toy store! =D
Building in Rennes
Building in Rennes
Tracy in front of some school?
Tracy in front of some school?
photo by: LadyMaja