The Blue Lagoon !

Grindavik Travel Blog

The next morning we board the bus super early and head to the Blue Lagoon ! We booked a trip through Iceland Excursions to see the Blue Lagoon in the morning and then Gullfoss and Geysir afterwards. We get to the Blue Lagoon before it even opens, it is still dark outside. It finally opens and we head in. It is really cool being the first people there. It made it even more mystical, with all the steam and the beautiful color of the water and just a few people here and there. You have to shower first before you enter the lagoon area. Then you go outside into the freezing cold air, it was so cold that we literally ran into the lagoon (stepping in some snow piles on the way). The water felt soooooo nice ! Not just because of the warmth either, it just feels nicem different than regular water, I can't really explain it, you just have to experience it. They have little areas around the edge where you can get the silica mud to put on your body with little scoopers. We waded around the whole thing and then went inside to get our cameras. Simone was holding my camera and his to get a picture of me & Christina & he dropped his in the lagoon ! :o(  Camera ruined, but memory card ok.  I definitely recommend getting to the Lagoon early, because when we left at 12 there was a huge line of people waiting to get in. I think it is much better with less people, and when it is still kind of dark outside. It adds to the experience.
sarahthevegasbride says:
Great Review!
Posted on: Sep 02, 2010
maka77 says:
beautiful in winter !! I need to plan my next trip :-)
Posted on: Feb 02, 2009