The last good-bye is coming closer …

Hamilton Travel Blog

One of many neat sunsets

It is not the most surprising experience I have made so far because I chose the date, I decided on the city and I booked my flight months ago but all these decisions doesn't make leaving New Zealand much more pleasant right now.

I can still hear the surprised reactions when I told my family and friends about my New Zealand plans, I can still feel the hugs good-bye and I can still see my host family and me sitting at the table for our first dinner in Hamilton.

How I'll miss my green Hamilton

All those memories were the beginning of my most exciting and maybe most challenging adventure ever.

It's great to spend your two or four weeks holiday aboard and experience foreign cultures, new tastes of food and unknown mentalities but I’ve had the absolutely fantastic (and maybe unique) chance of living a totally different life for 11 months.

I'm extremely grateful for my lovely new friends, who were like a second family, all the special places we visited, the fun we had, the words I heard, the tasty dishes I ate, the countless adventures we experienced, the e-mails we shared, the happy time we spent together, … I'll never forget my awesome time in Hamilton!

Of course, I’m looking forward to seeing my family and friends again and sharing little detail about my incredible time with them, there is definitely no doubt about it because I'm the number one family man ever!

but leaving Hamilton behind means quite a lot because it has become my Kiwi home.

Chocolate cake & blueberry pie ... anybody could resist ;-)
Honestly, I wouldn't have thought that a goodbye as slow as poison could be as difficult as it is!

And a fantastic farewell barbecue with an incredible chocolate cake and the most delicious blueberry pie a friend made for pudding, lovely little presents and cards and so many good wishes don’t make my farewell much easier.

Maybe that’s why I’ve delayed the big packing until now. I usually hate packing so close to the departure date but either I ate too much blueberry pie with the secret ingredient ‘easy-going Kiwi mentality’ or I’m just hoping for more packing fun later on, who knows.

I’m definitely going to enjoy my very last full Kiwi day as much as possible!  That’s for sure!

And when I’ll be back home I tell everybody about my positive and impressive adventures and my great friends forever! Besides I tell my beloved family and friends they have to come with me next time because there'll be a next flight to 'the Land of the Long White Cloud', trust me!

shirlan says:
Awwww how Bitter Sweet.
Posted on: Feb 18, 2009
How Ill miss my green Hamilton
How I'll miss my green Hamilton
Chocolate cake & blueberry pie ...…
Chocolate cake & blueberry pie ..…
Hamilton