Run, run, run as fast as you can ...

Hamilton Travel Blog

Just minutes before the races

Today was the big day for everybody who loves running (or just an enormous crowed city centre ;-)).

I must confess I’m neither the most ambitious runner nor do I enjoy the feeling of being crushed to death like an old car in a scrap yard. But, hey, why shouldn’t both dislikes combined mean good entertaining (just once in a lifetime)?

This Sunday Hamilton hosted the ‘64th Run around the Bridges’ and two friends of mine were two of countless pleased participants.

The crazy runners had the possibility of choosing both from different distances (6.2km and 12km) and different difficulties (race run, fun run, race walk, fun run) but honestly, I’m not sure if a fun run had been so much of a joy either. Never mind, as long as I just belonged to the spectators everything was all right.

The hosts kept telling that this has been the biggest and most crowded ‘Run around the Bridges’ ever and I couldn’t have disagreed. Okay, I hadn’t had any Hamilton race experiences but thank to countless people (participants and spectators) around me believing the hosts wasn’t that difficult.

I liked the atmosphere around the race because the entertainment for all the ‘lazy ones’ was nicely done.

Amazing, we hadn’t had finished our morning tea yet when the first starter in the 12km race run came across the finish line (unbelievable 12km in less than 39 minutes). Must have been great fun!

The clapping and cheering for all participants was quite enthusiastic! Two reasons caused this, on the one hand every runner had deserved a warm welcome back and on the other hand the non-active among us wanted to do a little exercise for our hands and throats (better than nothing).

Real_PeaceWarrior says:
Spectating eh :O go get those trainers and shorts on next time ;)
Posted on: Jun 27, 2009