‘Miaow’ … an evening with Grizabella, Rum Tum Tugger and Mr Mistoffelees

Hamilton Travel Blog

'Cats' eyes

Some friends of mine got a few tickets to the great ‘Cats’ musical here in Hamilton

And because of their free spare ticket they spontaneously invited me.

What a lucky chance! I couldn’t believe it; I would experience a wonderful performance of the Hamilton Operatic Society in a few hours. Fantastic!

I had read the adds in the newspaper and heard the comments about this lovely production on the radio and now I got the chance of forming my own impression, yeah!

When we came in the theatre the entry hall was crowed and you were able to hear pleased whispering full of excitement.

A few minutes later we were guided into the theatre where we found our seats and made us-self at home. The welcome was nicely done because some performers in their cat costumes tiptoed along the aisles. You could almost hear a happy purring.

Then the musical began and the stage with its creative set changed into a colourful and very alive place.

As soon as the orchestra began to play the ‘Jellicle Songs for Jellicle Cats’ and the ‘cats’ began to sing and dance I and the audience around me couldn’t stop smiling and clapping. I guess it was a kind of special magic that filled the room. It almost felt like oxygen was swapped for notes, rhythm and pure joy!

The show was so amazingly done! The actors and singers were absolutely passionate, the music was completely unforgettable, the special effects were surprising, the costumes and make-ups were lovely and extremely detailed and the atmosphere was just incredible.

The performance was so ambitious, the movements were unbelievable real and the voices were fantastic.

A friend took a few photos during the dress rehearsal
You wouldn’t have thought that these actors had been members of a volunteer organisation that organizes and produces such fantastic shows just because of their love to theatre. Nearly all of the performer, musicians, producers, designer, managers and so on didn’t get payed for this amazing job of theirs. Many of them were pupils from local schools with an absolute passion to musicals.

The show was just awesome! I just couldn’t stop clapping and smiling for a very long time.

The entertainment was unbelievable varied and in the end songs like ‘The Rum Tum Tugger’, ‘Memories’ and ‘Magical Mr Mistoffelees’ stayed in my head until I fell asleep.

Real_PeaceWarrior says:
I've seen Cats, not sure where though ...... duh!
Posted on: Jun 27, 2009
Cats eyes
'Cats' eyes
A friend took a few photos during …
A friend took a few photos during…
Rum Tum Tugger