AsiaChinaWuhan

"Shea's, Meet The Shea's"

Wuhan Travel Blog

Me and the Shea's dog Kia

"They're a modern stoneage family.
From the country of India,
They're a page right out of history!"

Actually, they are quite modern and very good people, kind hearts they have. Craig and his wife Sasha Shea have two young daughters they left behind with the grandparents in India, a part of India that is dominated by the English language. I first met Craig when he came to New Jordan to work (poor man) and through daily conversations got to know that he was a good guy. Wei and I later visited them at their place and brought over our new puppy Coffee at the time. Coffee played with their dog Kia (a small mixed breed) and that was the day we discovered Coffee had a tape worm (because Craig so kindly gave her the medication). We have taken them to the food court new the yellow crane tower, gone to shoppig districts, walking street and had lengthy conversations to 11pm at night! Which is a little hard on Wei and I as both of them smoke a considerable amount.

A look at their place
Still, they have been very good to us. They washed Coffee and let her spend a night there when Wei and I needed her to be baby sat. We tried to help Sasha get a job, but she did it on her own so I am happy for her. It's where she wants to go. We've given them some gifts and we have made many memories and had many laughs though my only regret is that it has been too few. They left to go spend Christmas with their daughters in India and while Craig will return to Wuhan to work until March, Sasha works in another province. I think Wei and I will have to make a pint of visiting them out there.

It was because of Sasha that I had Indian food for the first time. Yes, I am going to miss them when we both go our seperate ways but I know I have made friends for life and that means a lot to me. So I can now say I have friends from India and who knows, we may visit them there sometime if they ever return to live there! Hehehe

So I know they won't get this from me until the New Year but Sheng dan kuai le Craig and Sasha, thanks for everything you've done for us! You guys are such gentle and helpful souls, true friends and that is rare to come by these days. Thank you.

Me and the Sheas dog Kia