AsiaChinaWuhan

I'm a Red Cat, Not a Pink Cat...

Wuhan Travel Blog

Chinese gifts given to guests

I am marking this as the 26th as this is the Chinese Valentine’s Day, it will also be the day when Wei and I pick up our engagement rings with our Chinese names engraved in them. Wei surprised me by taking me out to pick out the rings before she left for Hong Kong (as she wanted me to choose one I liked and we had to find the right size). She was so patient, letting me look over the rings over and over again, trying on each pair I liked with very little success (too big, too plain, no thicker band, no thinner band). Finally she pointed to a pair, one I quite liked myself but had over looked and they had both sizes for us. We took them, and when we get those rings back I will upload pictures (I keep getting asked for pictures of the rings ^.^).

She’s planning a trip for us, it’ll be a surprise though I have an idea of what we might do.

Chinese gifts given to guests
She’s also bought me some gifts and in the meantime I am here cleaning up the house, working and planning out some Valentine’s Day surprises myself. I am so excited. I can’t believe I am engaged but it’s true! So now I have the wonderful task of wedding planning, and really wedding planning as Wei has made it clear once she graduates with her Masters in interpretation then we shall throw our weddings (Chinese and Canadian weddings).

So I’ll be keeping a separate blog for that at: www.sharedweddings.com/zhoufamily for family members reading this that want to check it out. Also, awhile back Wei and I had browsed the candy isle and I discovered the little gift erm.. boxes? That the Chinese give to guests at weddings. I’ve already chosen which one I want to give out, it’s the pink one. We don’t have these in Canada, they are only full of little wrapped chocolates but they are very pretty and a nice way to sathank you to guests.

Well, now that I am caught up in my travel blogging (so far as I know) it’s time to get at those chores.

Red Cat Firsts:
~ Being engaged
~ Picking out a ring
~ Celebrating Chinese Valentine's Day

bound4home says:
Ah the date threw me as it is only the 20th, however I understand after reading your blog. Cleaver...
Posted on: Aug 20, 2009