Silkroad D1: Xi'an Airport - Xianyang 咸阳国际机场

Xianyang Travel Blog

Yes i finally reached Xi'an International Airport located in Xianyang. My flight was scheduled to leave Shanghai at 1220 hrs and arrived in Xianyang at 1500 hrs.

The airport is located northeast of Xianyang City, which is to the northwest of Xian City. I read that it is the biggest airport in northwest China area.

The first thing which i did when I reached the airport was grabbing hold of the free City map of Xian. It was not surprising that  they were distributing only to the foreigners ( I was hardly differentiated as 'foreigner' as i was yellow-skinned afterall) repleted with local tour packages. When i approached the staff for a free map, the first instinctive response was ' Why do I need an English map ? ' I was stumbled by the question initially, but hey I just shoved my international passport and said,' It will be better if i've an English map to guide me along!'

Anyway, i always use such materials as a good reference gauge for my own itinenary planning. I do carry a local China travel guide along with me but it carries way too much places that I prefer such local city tour packages to guide me to the essences within my time constraint =)

By 3:30pm I was making my way out of the airport and heading to the Airport Shuttle Bus for Xian City.

Just the morning today, I was searching for my hostel stay, a good bargain accomodation that should keep my pockets in track. There were a plenty of youth hostels in Xian to choose from, and i was hesitating to choose between Shuyuan or Hantang Inn since they are both affliated to one another. What i did next was looking at the visual map locations, I picked on Hantang Inn as it is more centrally located.

I did call in to say I am arriving in the afternoon and made a reservation for my next 2 days tentative stay in Xian. I was greeted by a very sweet friendly voice and she even told me of the misprinted address of the hostel on the website and guided me the transport route to take when I reached airport, without me asking. Ahh, what a thoughtful consideration it was right.

THere were quite a number of in-between stops but,thanks goodness I am heading straight to the last stop at the Central Bell Tower!

Cost of Travel
1. Air Ticket from Shanghai Pudong to Xian Xianyang - (400rmb+150rmb tax & fuel)
2. Airport City Shuttle Bus to Xian - 25rmb