Silkroad D1: Shanghai Home Last Minutes Packing Preparations

Shanghai Travel Blog

Pudong Airport
I was still in my half-disorganized state in the morning cramming in my final packing, considering the fact I have only decided to activate my Plan B Extended holiday trip on Silkroad instead of Seoul just few days ago. And my air ticket from Shanghai to Xian was bought the next day on 24-Dec! The price fits my bill perfectly, at a 70% discount and it was a China Air flight. I have never travelled China Air and have been flying on China Eastern nearly all the times. Great, everything just fits nicely.

Busy as I was, I googled and copied scraps and pieces of travel bits onto my Google Doc document that will guide me along while i'm on my move on my mobile. From general Silkroad itinenary recommendations, to hostel locations & transportation guides and, general must-go attractions!

Few main city destinations in rough plan to occupy me for the next 12days - Xi'an,Lanzhou,Dunhuang,Xinjiang,Tibet,Chongqing/Chengdu

Admist all the disorientations, I was coupled with eagerness and excitement that I am finally going to make my Silkroad dream come true ! Yes it will be a lasting trip where I can finally leave China without any further regrets.

shirleysim says:
Hi wsquare, it is a pleasure reading your travel journal, as if I was travelling with you, great writing!
wsquare says:
Not to mention, sometime it will go as high as 90% discount...a great but rare catch too!
wsquare says:
yes,when it comes to off-peak, china internal flights are really a good bargain!
Shanghai